There is a wide variety of financial assistance available for students and faculty pursuing Chinese studies at the University of Hawai’i.
- $20000 scholarship for Chinese Studies on semester at sea
- 2011-2012 East-West Center Opportunities for Study and Scholarships
- New Ford Fellowship Programs for 2012
- 2011 Uehiro CrossCurrents Philosophy Conference
- Graduate Student Funding
- Graduate/Undergraduate Student Funding
- Assistance for Faculty and Other Professionals
- Travel Funding for Faculty
Please see the following offices for more information:
- Center for Chinese Studies (Moore Hall 417)
- Graduate Division (Spalding 357)
- Office of Research Services (Sakamaki D-200)
- Edgar Porter, Associate Dean, SHAPS (Moore Hall 315)
The Graduate Student Organization located in Hemenway Hall 212 maintains a computer database system that provides information on awards offered by outside agencies. There is a small fee charged for access to the information. Students are advised to inquire at their major department in addition to pursuing the information contained in this section.